No one ever thinks they are going to need an emergency kit for their car,
especially since we all tend to hope for the best and would rather not
imagine the worst. Unfortunately, sometimes the worst actually does happen.
If you ever happen to find yourself in an emergency situation, you are
going to wish you had a car safety kit, so instead of wishing, make sure
you take the proper measures now to ensure you are not caught in a bad
situation without some help.
Here are some things you should keep in a basic roadside emergency kit:
- Jumper cables or a small, portable, lithium-ion battery with jumper cables.
These types of batteries can also typically recharge computers and cell
phones. However, make sure you keep it charged if you do choose to keep
a battery in your kit.
- Flares, triangle reflectors, or LED flares.
- A gallon of coolant.
- At least a quart of motor oil.
- A blanket or a space blanket.
- A flashlight and extra batteries.
- A small tool kit that is equipped with screwdrivers, pliers, an adjustable
wrench, and a pocket knife.
- A can of tire inflator and sealant.
- A tire pressure gauge.
- If you live in an area with snow, keep an ice scraper in your kit.
- Bottled water and energy bars.
- A pen and paper.
- A cell phone charger to ensure that you are never stuck on the road without
the means to call for assistance.
Once you have gathered everything you need for your emergency car kit,
you need to find an effective way to keep them together in your trunk
without rolling around. A backpack, or even a simple cardboard box will
work well, but make sure that you are able to access the kit quickly and
with ease. After all, you might need it in a hurry, so if you have to
rummage around in your trunk for it, this could cause problems.
You could also consider buying a pre-assembled kit, but the benefit of
creating your own, of course, is that you are able to customize it to
your needs and ensure it is not missing any necessary items.
New Jersey Car Accident Attorneys
If you were involved in a car accident in New Jersey and sustained injuries,
you need an experienced personal injury attorney on your side to fight
for the compensation you need and deserve to move forward. At Brandon
J. Broderick, Attorney at Law, our legal team will guide you through your
personal injury claim and help you hold the responsible party accountable.
Contact our firm today at
(201) 870-1909 to get started.